Data protection information plenigo GmbH
I. Who is plenigo GmbH and what does plenigo GmbH do?
plenigo GmbH, is a German technical service provider that offers providers of paid Internet content the use of the "plenigo" SaaS platform, of the interfaces provided by plenigo and of the associated services and functions. The software of plenigo GmbH is used for the technical fulfillment of the contract between the provider and its customers. In doing so, plenigo GmbH processes personal data for the customer within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 2 and Art. 28 GDPR on the basis of a commissioned processing agreement. The subject of the agreement results from the contract concluded between the provider and plenigo GmbH.
II. What is the legal basis for data processing by plenigo GmbH?
plenigo GmbH is a German company and concludes its contracts on the basis of German law. In terms of data protection law, this means that the provisions of
- the European Data Protection Regulation – GDPR –,
- the German Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG –
- as well as the supplementary statutory provisions must be observed.
As a German company based in Bavaria, we are under the supervision of the data protection officers of the German Federal Government and of the State of Bavaria. If you would like more detailed information in this regard, please visit the website of the data protection officers (www.datenschutz-bayern.de/ and www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Home/home_node.html). You will find further assistance there.
III. Which data does plenigo GmbH process?
Data is processed by plenigo GmbH when you visit our website and in our activities as a contractor.
1. Data when visiting the website
When you use our website plenigo.com, data is collected.
- If you visit the website for information purposes only, your personal data will only be collected anonymously. For more details, please refer to the explanations below under IV.
- Commercial customers who visit our website and want to use our software on a trial basis must register. The following data will be collected:
- First name of contact person
- Last name of contact person
- Company name
- Country of the company headquarters
- Email address of the contact person
- This data will be used for the initial personal contact to decide whether the company will be admitted to use the platform. In case of non-admission, this data will be deleted. If the company is admitted to use the platform, the instructions below under IV apply.
2. Data during commissioned processing
If a company uses plenigo GmbH as an order processor, our software is used for technical order processing. We then process the data of our client.
In these cases, our client is the responsible party for data processing within the meaning of Art. 24 GDPR. This is your contractual partner, e.g. a publisher from whom you order paid content.
This responsible party within the meaning of Art. 24 of the GDPR concludes a processing contract with us, which ensures that the provisions of the GDPR, the BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act) and the supplementary statutory provisions are complied with. In addition, we do of course take measures ourselves to ensure that the statutory data protection provisions are complied with.
For more details, please refer to our general data protection information under IV. of the data protection information.
IV. Data protection information of plenigo GmbH
A. General data protection notice
The general data protection notice informs you about the regulations, procedures and your rights that generally apply to the processing of your data by plenigo GmbH.
We process your data in compliance with the regulations of the European and German data protection laws.
Your data will only be processed to the extent that and for as long as
- it is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you or for the fulfillment of pre-contractual measures that take place at your request (Art. 6 para. 1 b of the German Data Protection Regulation - GDPR),
- or you have given your consent to the processing accordingly (Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR),
- or the processing is necessary for the protection of legitimate interests of us or third parties, e.g. in the following cases: Assertion of claims, defense in legal disputes; detection and elimination of misuse; prevention and investigation of criminal offences; ensuring the secure IT operation of plenigo GmbH; Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR,
- or due to legal requirements, e.g. storage of documents for commercial and tax purposes (Art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR),
- or in the public interest (Art. 6 para. 1 e GDPR).
plenigo GmbH will only use your e-mail address and telephone numbers to send you information in connection with our products and when providing our services.
According to § 7 para. 3 UWG (German Act against Unfair Competition) you can object to the use of your e-mail address and telephone numbers for advertising purposes at any time
- by e-mail to
- or by telephone at +49 (0) 831 523 734 09
- or by mail to plenigo GmbH Königstraße 4, 87435 Kempten, Germany.
B. You have the following rights:
- To request information on categories of data processed,
- purposes of processing, any recipients of the data, the planned storage period (Art. 15 GDPR),
- to demand the correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- to revoke a given consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR),
- object to data processing that is to be carried out on the basis of a legitimate interest for reasons arising from your particular situation (Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR),
- in certain cases, within the framework of Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of data - in particular insofar as the data is no longer required for the intended purpose or is processed unlawfully, or you have revoked your consent in accordance with paragraph 3 above or declared an objection in accordance with paragraph 4 above,
- under certain conditions, to demand the restriction of data, insofar as deletion is not possible or the obligation to delete is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR),
- to data portability, i.e. you can receive your data that you have provided to us in a common machine-readable format such as CSV and, if necessary, transfer it to others (Art. 20 GDPR),
- complain to the applicable supervisory authority about data processing (German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information; Bavarian State Commissioner for Data Protection).
C. Protection of your data:
1. Data protection information for the use of the website plenigo.com.
This data protection information applies in addition to the general information IV A, B (see above).
The data collected when using our website will only be used by plenigo GmbH.
The data controller for this data is plenigo GmbH, Königstr. 4, 87435 Kempten, Germany. Thus, plenigo GmbH is responsible for the protection of your data collected during the use of our website.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties for commercial, statistical or evaluation purposes. However, due to legal regulations, we may be obliged to provide information to authorities or courts in individual cases.
Your data will generally be processed in Germany and in other European countries. If, in exceptional cases, your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (i.e. in so-called third countries), this is done if you have expressly consented to this or if it is necessary for our provision of services to you or if it is provided for by law (Art. 49 GDPR). In addition, your data will only be processed in third countries if certain measures have been taken to ensure that an adequate level of data protection exists (e.g. adequacy decision of the EU Commission or so-called suitable guarantees, Art. 44ff. GDPR).
We collect your data in the following way when you use the website of plenigo GmbH:
When you visit our websites, the web server temporarily records the domain name or IP- address of your computer, the client's file request (file name and URL), the http response code and the website from which you visit us. The logged data is used exclusively for data security purposes, in particular to defend against attempted attacks on our web server (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR). They are neither used for the creation of individual user profiles nor passed on to third parties. We reserve the right to statistically evaluate anonymized data records.
Your usage behavior is evaluated anonymously for error analysis and to improve our website. If IP addresses are collected, they are immediately anonymized. The evaluation results are stored anonymously in a database. An allocation of these data to persons does not take place at any time.
We analyze your usage behavior anonymously or pseudonymously so that you can find the products that interest you and so that we can design our websites in a user-friendly manner. Within the framework of the legal regulations, we, or companies commissioned by us within the framework of order data processing, create user profiles. It is not possible to draw any direct conclusions about you.
Below we inform you in general about the different purposes and techniques.
Purposes of use (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR)
- Reach measurement
The aim of reach measurement is to statistically determine the intensity of use and the number of users of a website, as well as to obtain comparable values for all connected offers. At no time are individual users identified. Their identity always remains protected.
- Profiles for the demand-oriented design of the web portal
In order to be able to continuously improve the web pages, we create so-called clickstream analyses. The clickstream corresponds to your movement path on the web pages. The analysis of the movement paths gives us information about the usage behavior on our web pages. This allows us to identify possible structural errors in the web pages and thus improve the web pages so that they can be optimized to meet your needs. At no time are individual users identified.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. This allows us to recognize when you visit websites repeatedly from the same computer.
Session cookies are cookies that are only stored on your computer for the duration of an Internet session.
The following cookies are used:
These cookies control the cookie warning you are reading.
- Session cookies
Session cookies are only used when a customer logs into the software that our company offers. The session cookie identifies the customer.
- Without these cookies, the website would not function. Therefore, it is not possible to deactivate these cookies. This is a lawful data processing according to Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR.
When using the website, no cookies are used that serve statistical and/or marketing purposes.
You have the option of setting your browser so that these cookies are not stored in the first place, or so that the cookies are deleted at the end of your Internet session.
Please note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of our websites.
If you have any further questions about data protection at plenigo GmbH, please contact our data protection officer via E-Mail to .
2. Data protection during commissioned processing
a. Notices for customers of the processor
First of all, the general notes (see above) apply. In addition, the following must be observed.
plenigo GmbH is a service provider that processes data on behalf of other companies. We are commissioned by these companies to process data within the scope provided by law in Art. 28 GDPR (service providers, vicarious agents).
In the case of commissioned processing, the person responsible for data processing within the meaning of Art.24 GDPR is our client. This is your contractual partner, e.g. a publisher from whom you order paid content.
If a customer of a contractual partner contacts plenigo GmbH with an inquiry or complaint within the scope of his contractual relationship with his contractual partner, we will forward the inquiry to the relevant responsible contractual partner.
Within the framework of the legal regulations and the data processing contract concluded with the individual companies in each case, we are also responsible for protecting your data.
As a matter of principle, your data will only be processed within the contractually regulated and legally prescribed framework. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for commercial, statistical or evaluation purposes. However, due to legal regulations we are obliged in individual cases to provide information to authorities (e.g.: tax office) or courts.
Your data will generally be processed in Germany and in other European countries. If, in exceptional cases, your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (i.e. in so-called third countries), this is done if you have expressly consented to this or if it is necessary for our provision of services to you or if it is provided for by law (Art. 49 GDPR). In addition, your data will only be processed in third countries if certain measures ensure that an adequate level of data protection exists (e.g. adequacy decision of the EU Commission or so-called suitable guarantees, Art. 44ff. GDPR).
Data protection in the relationship between plenigo GmbH and the customer when using our products is governed, in addition to the statutory provisions, by the data processing contract concluded with the customer in each individual case.
If you have any further questions about data protection at plenigo GmbH, please contact our data protection officer via E-Mail to .
b. Notices for the order processor
The above information applies.
You will receive supplementary information on data protection, in particular on the purpose of use, processing, deletion, etc., with the data processing contracts concluded in each individual case Art. 28 GDPR.